Live with another family - Shared Lives
Shared Lives is a unique service offering eligible city residents the choice to receive long-term, respite and day care support in the carer’s home.
The service supports a wide range of people to live independent lives and the arrangement can be:
- somewhere to live
- somewhere to stay for a short break
- somewhere to go for day time support.
The service is registered with the Care Quality Commission and our carers undergo rigorous assessments before becoming self-employed carers.
Our carers come from all walks of life – they may be individuals, couples or families in the local community. They are supported in their roles by a dedicated team of social workers and community care workers.
Who can access the support?
Care is provided to people who have been assessed as having a need. This includes people with:
- a learning, physical and/or sensory disability
- mental health problems.
What does it cost?
This depends on the level of service you receive, and your financial circumstances.
Someone from your social work team will be able to assess you and help you understand the costs of the service you want.
What can the arrangement offer you?
In a Shared Lives arrangement:
- You can get the support you need to do things you choose to do
- You are able to choose your own carers
- Your carers will respect you, and support you to make choices and decisions and be in control of your own life
- You will share a home which will be clean and well looked after
- You will be part of your local community
- You will have company, but retain your independence.
- You will be able to meet new people and make new friends.
Call us on 0116 454 3740, or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.