Support for professionals
Support is available to all professionals in a lead practitioners in a early help assessment to ensure that their role can be carried out effectively.
The role of the lead practitioner is:
- to be the most appropriate identified lead for the family who have an early help assessment
- to co-ordinate and chair meetings
- to ensure the action plan is on track and progressing
Support for all lead practitioners
Two trainings courses are provided:
- Using Liquid Logic - Two x one day courses using the e-module system for early help assessment casework recording
- Early Help assessment - one day course covering early help assessments, the role of the lead practitioner and how to chair a meeting.
Support for external lead practitioners only
For colleagues who are not employed by the council, you will be able to access additional support below by contacting an Early Help Assessment Coordinator on 0116 454 1694 or email email@example.com.
- Navigating around Liquid Logic
- Accessing support from the Early Help Partnership Allocations Hub.
- Access to training
- Good practice templates for an Early Help Assessment, Action Plan, Team around the Family Meeting.
Early Help Schools Guide
The Early Help Schools Guide (PDF) sets out the activities required by schools. The activities are referred to as Early Help Commitments and will enable local schools to ensure that:
- Pupils, parent/carers and staff are clear on the Early Help support available through the school
- Partners, working to support families alongside schools have clarity regarding the early help offer of schools; supporting effective multi-agency working
- They are up-to-date with and part of local and national approaches to the delivery of early help support for more vulnerable families
- They have evidence of their commitment to the personal development and wellbeing strand of the Ofsted Framework
The ultimate goal is to ensure all children, young people and families receive the right support, at the right time reducing the need for referral to statutory services.