Our greenspace strategy sets out our vision and goals for our green spaces, plus the resources, methods and time needed to meet these goals.
Good quality parks and green spaces are crucial to our quality of life and the significant health benefits of parks and green spaces are well documented. They provide us with places to protect and enjoy the natural environment, take children to play, participate in sport and recreation and offer places for learning and relaxing away from the stresses of everyday life.
- To develop a hierarchy of parks and green spaces, using a framework that allocates the relevant resources to manage and improve the parks
- To understand and meet the needs of community attitudes and expectations in providing green space in Leicester
- To provide standards of green space provision which are adopted in the Local Development Framework
- To ensure Leicester builds on its strengths in green space management, and builds on its status of delivering good practice in green space provision
- To improve accessibility to Leicester’s parks and green spaces.