Group exercise classes
Group exercise classes are a fantastic way to achieve your fitness goals! We run a full programme of classes, across seven sites, to suit all ages and abilities.
Our highly qualified and experienced instructors will be there to guide you, motivate you and more importantly, making sure you are having fun! Group exercise classes are available every day across our seven facilities.
Please note whilst Leicester remains in Tier 3, group exercise classes won’t be available in our centres.
My Active Leicester
We know that remaining active is one of the most important things we can all do, both for our physical and our mental health, so we want you to take advantage of our home fitness platform My Active Leicester.
With My Active Leicester, you will have a package of brilliant fitness classes with unlimited access anytime and anywhere.
Still can’t decide if you want to join, here’s why we think you should...
- Over 600+ workouts and classes
- Unlimited access
- All your favourite classes – Yoga, HIIT, Combat, Dance, Strength and much more
- Fresh new classes and workouts continually added
- Wide range no matter your age or ability
- Workout how you want, when you want and wherever you want to
- Available on smart phones and tablets (iOS & Android) or view on your laptop or your TV
- No equipment needed – workouts with or without weights or other equipment
- Just £4.99 for unlimited access.
Frequently asked questions
Check out this quick one-page tutorial (PDF) on how to use My Active Leicester.
If your membership includes group exercise you will have access to the app as part of your membership until November
If you choose to purchase the app in an addition to your membership or as a stand-alone membership, you will pay £4.99 a month for access until November.
Yes you can, just as any website the My Active Leicester Web Player will work just the same.
This is possible from My Active Leicester web player however is dependent on your Smart TV.
- Google Chromecast - Is the best way to ‘cast’ content onto a larger TV. If you would like to use this method or can’t get it to work, you will need to review the Google Chromecast technical support here: https://support.google.com/chromecast/?hl=en
2. Apple AirPlay - Is another recommended way to ‘cast’ your content onto a larger TV. If you would like to use this method or can’t get it to work, you will need to review the Apple AirPlay technical support here: https://support.apple.com/en-us/HT204289
- “Mirroring” through your TV’s firmware - Although many late model TV’s such as Samsung and LG TVs have a way to ‘mirror’ what is on your phone, this is merely mirroring everything on your phone and is not actually taking the Web Player’s functionality onto a television. We do not recommend “mirroring” through these third-party solutions as results will vary widely and issues cannot be supported.
The preferred internet browsers to use My Active Leicester in are:
- Google Chrome
If you have forgotten your log in details, please click the forgotten password button and you will be sent a link to update.If you have any further issues, please contact our membership team via email at Active@leicester.gov.uk.