Family Learning is about families learning together; mums and dads learning new skills alongside their children.
What is Family Learning?
Family Learning helps parents to learn how their children learn, to help them do well at school and to give pre-school children a positive start. It's all about enjoying learning together! The courses take place in schools, Children Young People and Family Centres, libraries in all areas of Leicester and they are free!
What do we offer?
We offer a wide variety of courses which includes:
- Getting Ready for school workshops and courses in summer term to help with activities and tips for parents, to understand how they can support their 3 year olds to be ready for school the following September
- Courses to help parents understand how their children learn and develop: Early Start, Learning through Play, Playing with Language and Being the Best Coach for your Kids
- Practical courses to make Story Sacks and to explore Reading with your Child in fun ways
- Courses to explore healthy eating and keeping your family safe: Family Health with First Aid with Family Football or Cricket , Sow it Grow it Eat it, and Feed your Family for a Fiver
- Courses that help parents understand how English, maths, science and ICT are taught in schools: Magic Maths and Keeping up with the Children (Maths, English and Digital Skills/E-Safety and Fun with Science)
- Family Fortunes helps parents to understand how to help their children budget , spend wisely and stop pester power
- Family Fun with English - is a Pre-Entry level Family ESOL course that will help parents gain confidence speaking in English and understand how to help their children with their learning.
Keep up to date
Look out for flyers and information in your local Children Young People and Family Centre, library and your child’s school to keep up to date with what is on offer in your local area.
For more information about family learning in your area, please ring 0116 454 1888 or email Alison Greet: firstname.lastname@example.org.