Information for learners
Information on changes to our courses and learning arrangements due to coronavirus.
Keeping Leicester learning
Along with organisations and venues across the country we have reviewed and adapted our buildings and ways of working to reduce the risk from COVID-19. Our procedures and risk assessments have been reviewed by Leicester City Council, trade unions and staff and we have been approved to re-open as COVID secure venues.
Key changes include:
- Please do not attend if you have any of the symptoms of COVID-19 but let us know, especially if you have tested positive.
- Please arrive in good time for your class to allow for check in procedures and leave immediately after the session.
- You will only be allowed access to the building if you are expected for a lesson or have an appointment.
- Buildings will not be open to the wider public for events, exhibitions and meetings until further notice.
- All enrolments and enquiries will be by telephone, online or by appointment only.
- At the Adult Education College, you will access the college either from Belvoir St or Wellington St, depending on the location of your classroom. There will be no internal access between the two blocks.
- Your contact details will be recorded on arrival in line with track and trace requirements
- You will be required to sanitise your hands-on arrival and at other times during your visit.
- Only one household or support bubble will be allowed in the lift at a time
- Desks in classrooms will be spaced at least 2m apart and you will not be allowed to re-arrange the furniture
- Everyone must maintain 2m social distancing during class.
- You will be expected to wear a face covering in accordance with government guidance.
Follow us on Facebook
You might also like to follow us on Facebook page for more information and to keep in touch with your fellow learners.
What happens if I fail to attend?
It will be assumed that a student has withdrawn from a course if they have not attended for three consecutive weeks unless we have been notified of the reasons for the absence.
What is the Learner Support Fund?
The Learner Support Fund is a limited amount of funding allocated to the service by the Skills Funding Agency (SFA) and Education Funding Agency (EFA) each year for adult skills courses. The service also sets aside a small amount of funding to support learners who are asylum seekers.
As this is a limited funding stream there is no entitlement to Learner Support Funds. For more information please see the attachment at the bottom of this page.
Qualifications and their corresponding levels explained
|Entry||Total beginners, never done this before|
|Mixed ability||Suitable for beginners and for learners with prior experience|
|Level 1||Have some limited prior knowledge or experience|
|Level 2||Equivalent to GCSE|
|Level 3||Equivalent to AS/A level|
|Level 4||Beyond A level - professional status|