Skip to content

Universal Credit

Universal Credit (UC) is a benefit rolled out by the Department for Work and Pensions (DWP), through your local Jobcentre Plus. It is a single monthly payment for people out of work or on a low income and will replace six existing benefits.

How will it be different?

If you are claiming Universal Credit for the first time and you are required to pay council tax you must make a separate online application for council tax support. Or If you need help to pay your council tax, you could get council tax support information on the following link:

Claiming Universal Credit for the first time and required to pay council tax?

How we can help


Don't have a computer/internet access? Or need further help?
Do you need help claiming online or need financial support? Find out how we can help with your Universal Credit claim.

I am a landlord - what do I need to know? 

You can read the Universal Credit and rented housing guide on the GOV.UK website.