There are some minor repairs and general maintenance that are tenants' responsibility.
Tenants are also responsible for anything they have fitted themselves in their home.
If you are carrying out repairs for which you are responsible, there are numerous DIY stores across the city where materials can be bought. For tenants receiving a package of care, we will carry out the repairs below. For further information about this please see our section on Package of care.
We will also carry out some of these repairs for disabled tenants and OAPs. These are noted in the list below.
- Repair and replace line post, rotary line, line cleat or pulley
- Replace cylinder jacket
- Supply of electric and electric meter
- Replacement of internal bulbs
Note: we will change bulbs in sealed fittings for elderly and disabled tenants
- Replacement of florescent tube starters
- Replace electrical plugs
- Disconnection and reconnection of electric cooker
- Maintain, repair or replace letter plate
Note: We will complete these repairs to fire doors
- Repair or replace door numbers
- Repair or replace spy hole
- Replacement of keys and locks that have been lost or stolen
Note: Tenants will be re-charged for replacements if we complete the work. We will carry out this work for disabled tenants and OAPs.
- Repair or replace security door chain
- Maintain, repair or replace door bell
- Draught proofing
Note: We will repair this if the draught proofing is part of the door design
- Repair or replace laminate, vinyl tiles, vinyl sheeting and ceramic floor tiles
Note: We will repair vinyl tiles, vinyl sheeting and ceramic floor tiles which have been fitted by us.
- Supply of gas and gas meter
- Disconnection and reconnection of gas cooker
Note: We will do this if the cooker is owned by us
- Maintain or replace gulley grid
Hat and coat hooks
- Repair and replace hat and coat hooks (including board)
- Maintain, repair or replace internal door
Note: We will repair or replace items for doors with sliding mechanisms.
- Maintain, repair or replace ironmongery
- Repair or replace threshold strip
- Repair and replace picture rails
- Repair or replace radiator shelves
- Repair and replace skirting boards
Toilet, bath, basin, sink, shower
- Repair or replace a toilet seat and cover
- Repair or replace plug and chain
- Repair or replace shower curtain
- Repair or replace shower rail
- Repair or replace shower hose
- Maintain, repair or replace shower head
- Maintain waste pipes, traps and wastes
- Internal decoration
- Filling non-structural plaster cracks and small holes
Washing machines and dishwashers
- Disconnection and reconnection of washing machines and dishwashers
- Repair and maintenance (including leaks)
- Draught proofing
Note: We will complete this if the draught proofing is part of the door design
- Cleaning UPVc windows
- Oiling UPVc window hinges