Tenant support - STAR
Supporting Tenants and Residents (STAR) provides housing support for council tenants in Leicester. The support is provided to people who have been homeless or are at risk of becoming homeless without support.
What can we help with?
STAR help people with a wide range of issues which may contribute to people becoming homeless or losing their council tenancy.
- Problems with money, low-level debt, rent arrears or benefits
- Help accessing mental health, physical health and/or drug and alcohol services
- Support to set up your new home
- Finding training, education and a job
- Access to energy efficiency schemes to make your home warmer and cheaper to run.
How will I receive support?
To receive support from us, you need to be a Leicester City council tenant. You can be referred via one of the below:
- By Leicester City Council departments; Income Management Team, local Estate Management Officer or Property Lettings Team.
- Other agencies who may be supporting you can make a referral on your behalf.
- Or, you can refer yourself to us but only if you need help to prevent you losing your tenancy.
How do I make a self referral?
You will need to submit:
Having trouble downloading our forms?
If you're having difficulties with computers and are unable to access the form, please call one of our offices (numbers below) to speak to a STAR worker to see if we can help.
There are six teams based across the city:
- Beaumont Leys and Rowlatts Hill: Beaumont Leys Library, Beaumont Way, LE4 1DS, 0116 454 3290
- Braunstone: 499 Saffron Lane, Leicester, LE2 6UQ, 0116 454 6420
- New Parks: New Parks Centre, 321 Aikman Avenue, LE3 9PW, 0116 454 3020
- Saffron and Eyres Monsell: 499 Saffron Lane, Leicester, LE2 6UQ, 0116 454 0513
- St Matthews, Highfields and Humberstone: St Matthews Community Centre, 10 Malabar Road, LE1 2PD, 0116 454 6000
- Family Support Service: Border House, 33 Belgrave Boulevard, Leicester, LE3 2JD, 0116 221 1417
- Amal Team (specialist within STAR, deals solely with referrals made from the Home Office directly): 0116 454 6001.
We will arrange an appointment
Once your referral is accepted, STAR works on an appointment basis. An appointment will be arranged with your STAR worker, in the office or at home to receive support and help to stop you from losing your home.
Get the right support
STAR is one of many services available to offer support. It's important you get the right support - see links below:
- Adult Social Care - advice and information, support for carers, equipment and adaptations, support to live independently
STAR is accessible to anyone in the city of Leicester regardless of age, gender, disability, religion/beliefs, race or sexual orientation.
Third party forms
Fill in the STAR third party risk assessment form here.