The Y Support Project
The Y Support Project is a day centre offering one-to-one support to people over 16 who are homeless, sleeping rough or vulnerably housed.
Where are we based?
We are based at the Dawn Centre, Conduit Street, Leicester, LE2 0JN.
How we can help
Practical help 8am – 10am
- breakfast between 8am – 9am for those in need
- a safe and comfortable environment
- access to toilets, showers, washing facilities and toiletries
- free laundry facilities for rough sleepers
- access to telephone for non-personal calls
- a change of clothes where possible
- emergency food parcels where possible.
Advice and information 10am – 1pm
We provide holistic support to people with no alternative support networks. Our staff team have a broad knowledge of resources available and work closely with other agencies.
Staff will provide:
- advice and help finding accommodation in emergency or longer term
- welfare benefits advice and assistance
- information and signposting to specialist drugs and alcohol agencies
- a year-round health promotion programme
- specialist mental health advice
- help establishing identification
- advice on managing debt.
The centre is closed on weekends, Christmas day, boxing day, new year's day and on bank holidays.
Leicestershire Cares deliver a drop-in workshop in our training room for clients seeking employment. The workshops are Wednesday mornings 9.30am to midday.
We can help with:
- understanding the job market
- writing CVs
- improving reading and writing skills
- interview preparation and work experience.
For more information visit Leicestershire Cares.
A full range of health and mental health services are provided by Inclusion Healthcare and Leicestershire Partnership NHS Trust, alongside our mental health access worker.