Personal protective equipment (PPE) supplies
Information and advice on the supplies of personal protective equipment during the coronavirus outbreak.
Before ordering equipment, please read the current guidance on the links below:
- How to work safely in domiciliary care in England
- How to work safely in care homes
- Guidance on PPE at GOV.UK
- Advice on shielding at GOV.UK
What steps should I take to order PPE?
- Try your normal suppliers
- Get in touch with other local suppliers and your own organisation
- Contact the seven PPE suppliers below
|Blueleaf Careemail@example.com||0330 055 2288|
|Delivernet||Kevin.firstname.lastname@example.org||01756 706 050|
|Countrywide Healthcareemail@example.com||01226 719 090|
|Gompols||Go to Gompols website||0345 450 2420|
|Nexon||Go to Nexon website||N/A|
|Wightman and Parrish||Sales@w-p.co.uk||01323 445 001|
Various PPE suppliers have been in contact with us (the council) stating they are able to supply PPE. However, we have not undertaken any due diligence checks on these suppliers and have not verified whether the PPE equipment being offered meets quality standard, accreditation requirements, prices being offered, lead in times and their stock levels. Therefore, it is your organisation’s responsibility to ensure that items are suitable; of a standard and specification that your organisation requires; and to decide whether to use these suppliers as an alternative, in case your regular suppliers are unable to currently provide your PPE equipment.
We give no warranty as to the fitness for the purpose of the PPE; your organisation is entirely responsible for complying with its legal obligations as employer and otherwise in relation to the use of PPE; we accept no liability in relation to the use of any of these companies for the provision of PPE or disposal of the PPE; and by receiving any PPE from these suppliers, your organisation indemnifies us (council) against any costs, claims or any other liabilities arising from the use of these companies for the provision or disposal of PPE.
To view the most up to date list of these PPE suppliers, please email your request for a copy of the list to firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject line ‘PPE Suppliers List.’
4. If you are a small Care Home with 24 beds or fewer, or a small Homecare provider providing care for 99 people or fewer, you can order PPE directly through an E-Portal. You should have received an invitation via your CQC linked e mail address
5. If all the above suppliers are unable to help and you need an emergency supply of equipment, you can contact us to review and validate your request and send a PPE referral to the Local Resilience Forum (LRF) who will seek to supply you with equipment.
You will need to complete the criteria contained in the PPE request sheet (ODS) and attach it to your email including contact details. This should then be emailed to email@example.com entitled 'Urgent PPE request' with your requirements.
Following submission of your request the LRF will contact you directly to confirm delivery/collection. The address for collection is: ESPO Grove Park, Barnsdale Way, Leicester, LE19 1ES.
Should the LRF not be able to help you with your request, we will seek to support you to obtain PPE.