Green Homes Grant - Local Authority Delivery Scheme
Green Homes Grant is a government backed scheme delivered by local authorities to improve the energy efficiency of eligible households for free. This will help residents by improving the warmth and comfort of their homes, whilst also reducing energy bills, carbon emissions and the levels of fuel poverty across the city. The scheme closes on 31 March 2021 and the numbers of energy efficiency measures are limited.
We have been successful in attracting over £1million of government funding. The scheme will be delivered by our partner, E.ON. You do not need to be an E.ON customer to take part in the scheme. The scheme aims to raise the energy efficiency of low energy performance homes, including off-gas grid homes.
What is the Green Homes Grant - Local Authority Delivery Scheme?
If eligible, the scheme allows free energy efficient measures, such as:
- External wall insulation
- Air Source Heat Pumps (low carbon heating)
- Door improvements
- Smart heating controls
- Cavity insulation
- Loft insulation
- Solar thermal
Am I eligible?
- Your household’s annual income must be under £30,000 gross,
- And, your home must have an Energy Performance Rating (EPC) of either E, F, or G. (If you don’t have an EPC certificate confirming your homes rating, E.ON will arrange one for you.)
- You must own the home you live in
How to apply?
E.ON will handle all enquiries.
- Call the Green Homes Grant team at E.ON on 0333 202 4820 (Offices are open Monday to Friday between 9am – 5:30pm)
- Or apply online. They will then contact you via phone and check that you qualify before scheduling a home survey.
An E.ON contractor will visit you to determine what improvements are suitable for your home.
Your home will receive the required works from a Trustmark registered contractor to improve its energy efficiency rating.
E.ON will continue to provide you with ongoing support. The scheme also includes warranties and guarantees with applicable terms and conditions in accordance with the measures installed per job.
Frequently asked questions
You can find the energy efficiency rating of your home by looking on the EPC Register and entering your postcode and selecting your house from the list.
If you don't meet the above eligibility criteria for the Green Homes Grant scheme, don't worry. There are other schemes which may be able to help so get in touch with E.ON and see how they can help you.
All improvement works must be completed to your home by 31 March 2021, otherwise they will not receive the funding.
There are some Green Home Grant measures which we don't currently install.
- upgrading single-glazing to double-glazing
- hybrid heat pumps
- ground source heat pumps
- biomass and flat roof insulation.