Social care and education
We develop long-term plans (strategies) to work from so that we can deliver the best possible social care services for Leicester’s children and adult residents.
We have developed a range of documents (PDFs) that explain our plans for the future. These documents set out what we are doing to make sure that our social care services meet people’s needs for care and support. The documents are listed below, along with a brief a description of what they are about.
- Our Social Care and Education shared goals and commitments (PDF)
- Our Social Care and Education shared goals and commitments include our aims and priorities. All of our work will be underpinned by these commitments.
- All Age Commissioning Strategy 2020-2025 (PDF)
Sets out our new commissioning intentions for both adults and children’s services
Provides an outline of current and future need and our views about how providers might plan for future needs for both adults and children’s services
- The Joint Health, Social Care and Education Transitions Strategy 2019-2022 (PDF)
- Produced jointly with Leicester City Clinical Commissioning Group (CCG). Sets out an approach to improving the support provided for young people with additional needs as they prepare for adulthood.
Children's strategic documents
- Children's Placement Sufficient Strategy (2020-2023)
- Describes our overall approach to supporting all of our children and young people to have a safe place to live and thrive.
- Corporate parenting strategy
- Our approach to supporting care experienced children and young people
Adults' strategic documents
- Adult Social Care Strategic Priorities
- Sets out ASC’s main purpose and our six strategic priorities.
- Adult Social Care Local Account 2015-2016
- Annual statement showing how our services have performed over 12 months, and sets out some of our future plans.
- Adult Social Care Stakeholder Engagement Strategy 2017
- Sets out our approach to involving people when we plan, design, commission, deliver and evaluate our services.
- Independent Living and Extra Care Commissioning Strategy 2013
- Provides an overview of the state of the current market for independent living, and the level of need.
- Joint Mental Health Commissioning Strategy 2015-2019
- Produced jointly with Leicester City Clinical Commissioning Group (CCG). Sets out information about the needs of people with mental health problems and plans for commissioning services to meet those needs.
- Joint Learning Disabilities Commissioning Strategy 2015-2019
- Produced jointly with Leicester City Clinical Commissioning Group (CCG). Sets out information about the needs of people with learning disabilities and plans for commissioning services to meet those needs.
- Joint Health and Social Care Learning Disability Strategy (2020-2023) (PDF)
- Joint Health and Social Care Learning Disability Strategy 2020-2023 (easy read format) (PDF)
- Joint carers strategy (2018-2021) - recognising, valuing and supporting carers in Leicester, Leicestershire and Rutland (PDF)
- This Carers Strategy has been developed in partnership with carers across Leicester, Leicestershire and Rutland, and with the support of a number of local voluntary sector organisations, Healthwatch and local health providers. The organisations signed up to this strategy have committed to work together to deliver our local vision for carers.
- Deprivation of Liberty Safeguards (DOLS)
- DOLS provide legal protection to vulnerable people in care or hospital
- Contracts and Assurance Service (CaAS) 2018-2019 report (PDF)
- Provides an overview of how adult social care services we contract with, have performed in terms of quality of care during the period 2018-2019.
Education related strategic documents
- Strategy for supporting children and young people with Special Educational Needs and Disabilities (SEND) (2017-2022)
- The strategy outlines what is known about the needs of children and young people with special educational needs and/or disabilities (SEND), and how the council listen and respond to those needs in order to improve the lives of children and families.
Help with documents
Please send us an email to SCE-Communications@leicester.gov.uk if you have problems accessing or viewing documents on this page.