What about car sharing?
You should try not to share a vehicle with those outside your household or support bubble.
If you need to do this, try to:
- share the transport with the same people each time
- keep to small groups of up to 6 people at any one time (this limit of 6 people will apply and have legal force from 14 September 2020)
- open windows for ventilation
- travel side by side or behind other people, rather than facing them, where seating arrangements allow
- face away from each other
- consider seating arrangements to maximise distance between people in the vehicle
- clean your car between journeys using standard cleaning products - make sure you clean door handles and other areas that people may touch
- ask the driver and passengers to wear a face covering
Further guidance can be found at GOV.UK.