Park and Ride
We have introduced changes to our Park & Ride services to ensure the safety of our customers and staff. Our services from Meynell's Gorse and Enderby are now running, with the Birstall site remaining closed.
Changes to Park and Ride services from 1 June 2020
- Meynell’s Gorse and Enderby sites are now open
- Birstall will remain closed. It continues to be used as a COVID-19 test centre. Buses not running in Birstall will be added to the two open sites
- Buses will have limited capacity
- Double decker: 13 passengers
- Single decker: 8 passengers
- As cash remains the only option – do ensure exact fare is given to limit contact with drivers. To assist with this, a flat rate of £3 for a day ticket will be introduced
- All concessionary pass holders will be able to use Park and Ride services free of charge at all times until further notice.
- Passengers will be asked to board from the back to the front to ensure social distancing is observed
- Perspex screens will be affixed to drivers’ doors and stickers will be used on the bus to indicate the availability of seats.
What other safety measures will be in place?
There are several measures put in place to ensure customers and staff remain safe while using the service.
- Risk assessments have been completed for the buses by Roberts Travel Group and we have risked assessed the terminal buildings.
- There will be additional signage at terminals and car parks encouraging people to socially distance and practice good hand hygiene.
- Seated areas and toilet facilities will remain closed,
- Terminal buildings will remain open and will be regularly cleaned and checked throughout the day.
Buses at Meynell’s Gorse and Enderby sites will:
- Operate every 15 minutes to the city centre
- 7am to 7pm, Monday to Saturday
NHS workers and concessions
NHS workers and concessions can continue to use the bus free of charge, but we are encouraging people to follow the Government’s advice to use a vehicle if you have access to one. If you cycle, you could also consider park and cycle which is a scheme we offer to encourage more sustainable travel. You can park and cycle from either of the sites reopening in June.
For further information on Leicester Park and Ride, please visit Choose How You Move.
This service is currently subsidised by the Covid-19 Bus Services Support and Better Buses Grants 2020-2021.
The grants financially support the operation of 7,130 kms per week relating to the subsidised park and ride services from Enderby and Meynells Gorse.
- Supported Bus Services Revenue Grant 2020/2021 (£83,550)
- Covid-19 Bus Services Support Grants
- 17 March to 13 April 2020: £19,985
- 14 April to 11 May 2020: £19,985
- 12 May to 1 June 2020: £19,985