Skip to content

Coronavirus in Leicester - ALPHA

Get the latest information and advice
In this section

Giving notice of marriage or civil partnership

Unless you are getting married in the Church of England or the Church in Wales you will both need to give a notice at the register office in the district you live in.

We can only take notices of marriage or civil partnership three months in advance

Due to exceptional demand on the registration service, we have to limit notice appointments to couples who intend to marry or form a civil partnership within the next three months. If your ceremony is further away, please wait before submitting an enquiry.

Please only submit one enquiry per couple. Duplicate enquiries cause delays in booking appointments.

Request an appointment to give notice of marriage/civil partnership

Only submit this form if you are a couple giving notice of marriage/civil partnership

This form is for couples who need to give notice only.

Other enquiries

For all other enquiries please email