Skip to content

Flooding and severe weather

We manage the risk of surface and groundwater flooding in Leicester.

Environment Agency

We also work closely with the Environment Agency, which is responsible for flooding from large rivers, and Severn Trent Water which is responsible for sewers in the city. Anyone wanting to carry out work in a watercourse will probably need consent from us or the Environment Agency.

We have a register of structures which have a significant impact upon flooding and a record of all flood incidents reported to us.

Reporting a flood

If it's an emergency call 999. Otherwise, please report floods by calling us on 0116 454 1001, or 0116 254 4344 outside office hours.

Sewer floods should be reported to other organisations, such as Severn Trent Water on 0800 783 4444.