Skip to content

Housing applications

We are dealing with a high demand for our services. If you have already submitted a housing application, we are doing our best to get back to you as soon as we are able to. We appreciate your patience during this delay. Get more information.

Renting private housing

We offer support services and advice to private tenants and landlords. This includes help to ensure private rented properties are safe for occupation and in good repair.

What if I am not eligible for the above scheme?

If you’re not eligible for this scheme, you could become a private tenant using one of our private rented sector schemes. Find out about homes for people on low incomes.

You can also view private rented properties to let from local landlords and letting agents.

Our responsibilities

We are responsible for maintaining standards in houses in multiple occupation and temporary accommodation, as well as rented single and family properties.

We inspect private rented properties for disrepair and hazards, and offer services to ensure properties are safe to live in, are in good repair, and have adequate fire safety measures and facilities.

Problems with landlords?

We can take action to help tenants who feel their landlord is failing to maintain a rented property to a satisfactory standard.

This includes taking formal action against negligent landlords, carrying out works and charging the landlord for them, and prosecuting landlords for non-compliance.

For more information call 0116 454 1001.


You’re a landlord if you rent out your property.

As a landlord you must:

More information is available on the Landlord responsibilities webpage on GOV.UK.

Contact us

Ring us on: 0116 454 1008
Send us a message