Find information relevant to your lease agreement with us and about your rights and responsibilities as a leaseholder. As well as our responsibilities to you as the landlord.
As your landlord, we (Leicester City Council) are responsible for the management and maintenance of the building, in which the property your lease is situated.
We aim to deal with your enquiries within 10 working days. If there is a likelihood that we cannot respond within 10 days, we will contact you to explain why.
As your landlord, our role is to provide the following services but not exclusively:
- Raising and issuing of the annual service charge invoice
- Consulting with you on all major works and issuing notices
- Assist investigation alongside regulatory bodies for anti-social behaviour reports
- Raising and issuing of invoice for major works
- Advising on lease agreements and ensuring compliance of our leaseholders.
- Enforce breach of lease agreements
- Issuing of statutory notices
- Interpretation of legislation and enforcing implementation of any changes
- Hold leaseholder forums
- Respond to compliments, comments and complaints
- Respond to enquiries from conveyancers/solicitors on sales of property.
Our responsibility as a landlord will also depend on the lease terms and the type of building in which the leased property is situated.
You can view the leaseholders handbook on the following link:
In light of the evolving situation across the country, various measures have been imposed by the government, one of which is to reduce the social interaction between people (social distancing). As a result of this and until the measures have been lifted, all leaseholder meetings have been cancelled till further notice.
If you need to speak to a member of the leaseholder liaison team, you can contact us on 0116 454 1007 or alternatively email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Tenants and leaseholder representatives
The tenants and leaseholder forum works closely with us (Leicester City Council). It consists of 13 tenants and 2 leaseholders. This is to provide service changes and improvements working alongside senior managers within the housing department. It predates the leasehold forums that are held by the leasehold officers, who offer information regarding owning a leasehold property with Leicester City Council.
The leaseholder representatives are appointed to represent all of the leaseholders across the city and liaise with the leasehold officers.
If you are interested in finding out more, visit the tenants' and leaseholders' forum webpage.
If you are interested in becoming a forum representative please get in touch with us using the contact details below.
If you are experiencing anti-social behaviour, you can report it and find out more on our anti-social behaviour webpage.
Recycling and waste
For issues related to waste, bulk items collection and recycling, go to the recycling and waste page.
If you sub-let your property, please let us know if your property becomes vacant or the tenancy position changes. Please refer to the leaseholders handbook linked above.
If you are sub-letting your property, it is your responsibility to ensure that your tenant is aware of the fire safety procedures for the block. We advise you obtain your own landlords insurance to cover your property.
Keeping us informed
We ask for you to keep us informed if you change your contact details. Please notify us immediately if your situation changes, by using the contact details at the bottom of this page. We require up-to-date information in the case of an emergency, where we may need to access the property. For further information please see our privacy notice.
Thinking of selling?
If you are considering selling your leased property please contact the Leaseholder Liaison Team. We have a buy back scheme across the city and we may be able to assist you, if you are thinking of selling your home.
- My Account - report, request and enquire about our services online.
- Love Leicester - if you spot an environmental issue such as graffiti, litter, fly-tipping or dog fouling, we want you to take a photo and report it to us via our Love Leicester app or website.
- Comments, compliments and complaints
- Councillors and wards
Send us an email: email@example.com
Ring us on: 0116 454 1007