Leicester Leys Leisure Centre
This centre has a leisure pool with wave machine, two flumes, activity pool and a toddlers and baby pool, as well as a climbing wall, gym and facilities for many other activities. Find us at Beaumont Way, Leicester, LE4 1DS.
In line with current government guidance, Leicester Leys Leisure Centre will reopen on Monday 14 September.
Initially, only gym, group exercise (from Wednesday 16 September) and racquet sports will be available, with climbing available from Monday 21 September. As the swimming pool changing rooms are being upgraded, swimming will not be available until mid-October.
As an Active Leicester member, you can still get access to any of our other swimming pools in the city. Find a leisure centre.
Of course, in order to maintain the safety of our customers and staff, we need to undertake certain measures, meaning that your experience at our centres might be a little bit different. Here are some of the things we are introducing to keep you safe:
- Booking and payment in advance are essential
- Screens at reception desks and helpful information signage throughout our centres
- Relocation of activities to provide additional space for social distancing
- Gym equipment spaced out for social distancing
- Increased cleaning and hygiene measures across leisure centres
Book in advance
Please book any sessions or classes in advance, to avoid disappointment. In order to book, you will need to be an Active Leicester member. We also advise that members pay in advance to save any unnecessary contact on arrival. When you come to our centres, please arrive in appropriate clothing (‘beach-ready’ if you are coming to swim) as our changing rooms may be unavailable.
Find more information on our COVID-19 FAQs page.
|Monday to Friday||10am - 6pm||7.15am - 9.30pm||2pm - 9.30pm|
|Saturday||8.30am - 5pm||8.30am - 4.30pm||10am - 5pm|
|Sunday||8.30am - 5pm||8.30am - 4.30pm||10am - 5pm|
In addition to the measures mentioned above, we are reducing the number of classes and relocating some activities to ensure the centre doesn’t get too busy and social distancing can be maintained. You can find the timetable at the bottom of this page.
- Leisure pool with wave machine, two flume rides (currently unavailable), activity pool with play features and a toddlers and baby pool.
- A gym offering a range of fitness classes including circuits
- Dedicated group exercise studio
- Squash courts
- Climbing centre with bouldering, lead and top rope facilities and training area
- Trampolining, judo, junior basketball and gymnastics
- Multi-use sports hall for children’s parties and private hire
- Free WiFi
Ring us on: 0116 233 3070
Send us a message