Most benefits are administered by central government. These include benefits for families, health, social care, education, disabilities, employment and jobseekers.
You may be eligible to get other benefits or get help with a range of living costs:
- Healthy Start offers vouchers for milk, fruit and vegetables if you’re pregnant or have a child under four
- Legal aid can help pay for legal advice, family mediation and representation in court
- WaterSure allows you to have your water bills capped if you are on certain benefits
- SureStart maternity grants are one-off payments of £500 to help with the cost of having a child
- Funeral payments are available if you are struggling to pay funeral costs
- You can also access cold weather payments, and help with prison visiting costs.
- Help to Heat is a scheme to help qualifying householders replace their boiler or insulate their home.